PostPosted: January 6th, 2019, 10:12 pm 
No Avatar!

Medals: 13
Fail (1) Noob (1)
The Long Grind (1) National Mastery (1)
Use and Abuse (1) HA Participation (1)
US SBB (1) UK SBB (1)
IJN SBB (1) KM SBB (1)
Most people that quit fleets leave at least three paragraphs STATING that they're quitting a fleet before they quit the fleet. This will be mine.

Appropriate soundtrack for this post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_oHnlv56aU

I have had enough of the constant mocking and outright bullying associated with this community. I joined this community because I hold onto this idea that while inactive, some of the best players across multiple games are here...occasionally.
The activity level of this fleet is super low. There is no initiative being taken on by "alleged" leadership. There is no living up to the recruitment post mentioned in the WoWs forums. Of all the things mentioned in the recruitment post, the one thing that stands out for me is:
"we expect most applicants to possess a desire to improve their play in whatever ship they may be in. The point of being in a clan is to try to make each other better, discuss tactics, exchange feedback, and make the game more enjoyable."

I can't speak for anyone else, but everytime I get online, I have sought to make myself better. I have tried to improve my play, by the hardest standard possible. It completely demolishes the confidence of a player such as myself when the banter goes from playful to outright hostile. I will not be made fun of anymore. I will not be the "muppet" of this fleet any longer. Y'all seem to think having your precious "A-Team" is all that matters. As a result, you have lost the ability to not only grow your fleet with people who genuinely live up to the standard quoted above, but will continue to lose members due to inactivity and general lack of interest. Bragging about having 12/50 players online in the new year is a travesty.

This fleet back in the NF days (at its prime) could easily field 70-80 players. Many have moved onto bigger and better things. There has been zero effort put towards replacing them with a healthy influx of newer skilled players. The largest part of this is due to massive inactivity from the leadership. The "good" players that remain suffer from massively over inflated egos which are so huge they get a free pass when they fuck up.

Yet when someone who legitimately wants to better themselves asks questions which may seem rudimentary; they are berated, mocked incessantly, and outright bullied by the "superior" player. I am tired of being dedicated to this fleet and this game, putting in the time, hopping on TS to interact, and actually attempting to put forth the effort to better myself only to be reminded by a "superior" Zao/DD player of how I will never be allowed to play with the "A-team" because I suck.

I am tired of the hyprocrisy associated with this fleet. When I fuck up, I expect to be ridiculed and rattled a bit. But that is where it should end. I should not have someone waving my stats for a ship I just got, and managed to have a terrible first game with, in my face, 7 or 8 games later. I have watched the streams from several Stalingrad players (2 of which are in the fleet) making some of the same mistakes I have made (IN CW's!) and they aren't berated to the degree I am.
I should not have to log onto TS and have my presence immediately associated with negativity. It is an absolute killer of confidence, stamina, and integrity. If y'all don't want me around, then fine so be it. At least have the testicular fortitude to say so. Negative reinforcement only goes so far with me.
I think the pretentious cocksucking ability of a certain Montana player is ridiculous. Being concerned about raising the level of the "B-Team" to a degree that the "less skilled" players are "overwhelmed" by higher skilled fleets is outright stupid. Where is the fortitude that made BS the awesome fleet it was? Where is the spirit of taking 10 players in an HA and attacking the Tokyo harbor and making it to the HT with time to spare? Where is the lucrativity and pride of having only 6 players online to defend a harbor against a fleet of 40+? I understand there are mitigating circumstances surrounding those unique situations, but they are still scenarios that should never have had a positive outcome, and yet they did. I also understand they were different times and obviously different games. Regardless, the grit should have remained. Why would you expect the "B-Team" to excel at all? Because it is made up of a majority of the members from the "A-Team"? So what? Getting the 1 or 2 dedicated members whose sole purpose for logging in (to live up to the text put forth in the recruitment post) at least some experience ought to account for a good enough reason to play a "B-Team" game or two instead of waiting 25+ minutes for the "super duper skilled A-Team" player.
If anything, losing in the "B-Team" should provide enough protected practice for future situations the "A-Team" might encounter. 6 vs 7 scenarios spring to mind. It builds camaraderie. The excuse of "people being burned out from playing X amount of "B" games is also ridiculous. It is the same list of excuses every losing fleet I was ever a part of in NF gave:

"We didn't have "X" player, so it's okay that we lost."
"We almost won a tile guys. We'll do better next time." (6 years later, no improvement)
"We chose to attack this harbor because it doesn't really matter."

This fleet is so inactive that there is nobody legitimately serious about improving the fleets standing because everyone cares more about their own individual stats. There is no active recruitment being done by any of the active players due to a lack of interest. There should be every clan night a minimum amount of people to field an interchangeable squad for the precious "A-Team" as well as enough players to field a working "B-Team". This means having no less than 16 dedicated players ready to rock and roll every time there is a CW night. As it stands and has stood for a while, there are maybe 5 in total who have no observed distractions. Of those 5, 2 are no longer with the fleet as of the writing of this post.
I legitimately wanted to be a part of this fleet. I put forth massive amounts of effort to emulate everything from your guys behavior to your playstyles. It has occurred to me, I am incapable of tolerating the abuse any further and do not wish to be subject to it anymore. I bid you all farewell.

Post subject: Re: Bullying is lame
PostPosted: January 6th, 2019, 10:21 pm 
Fleet Member
Fleet Member

Medals: 6
Fail (1) Unbreakable (1)
FW Participation (1) US SBB (1)

Ship Lines: US - BB 120, SS 86, CV 70 - IJN - BB 91, SS 95 CV 55 - UK - BB 92 - KM - BB 104, CV 75, SS 54 - MN - BB 65, CV 55 - SN - BB 82
Quote:
I put forth massive amounts of effort to emulate everything from your guys behavior

This was a guild of bullies long before you joined it. In fact, this guild bullied you and hundreds of other people in NF. I'm not quite so sure how it's taken you so long to realize this.

In fact, it's a much nicer place than it used to be.

And if there's a fear that raising the B Team to a level where high skilled opponents would overwhelm them, then the B team is probably better than the A Team.

PostPosted: January 7th, 2019, 10:08 am 
Fleet Member
Fleet Member

Medals: 5
US SBB (1) UK SCV (1)
IJN SCV (1)

Ship Lines: WOW Yammy, Khaba, Moskva
Danilov wrote:
Quote:
I put forth massive amounts of effort to emulate everything from your guys behavior

This was a guild of bullies long before you joined it. In fact, this guild bullied you and hundreds of other people in NF. I'm not quite so sure how it's taken you so long to realize this.

And if there's a fear that raising the B Team to a level where high skilled opponents would overwhelm them, then the B team is probably better than the A Team.

Hey Meit was the first to Bully me and I laughed and knew I was in the right place lol

PS: I’m to old to care to much about my game play anymore lol

PostPosted: January 7th, 2019, 3:28 pm 
No Avatar!
Fleet Member
Fleet Member

FW Participation (1) Elite Defender (1)
US SBB (1) KM SBB (1)

Ship Lines: US BB 120, US CV 90, KM SS 88, some ijn crew (40s to 90s), US SS3 crew (Needs new torpers.) KM BB 120
Danilov wrote:
Quote:

He's just triggered that no one wanted to play with him so he could get the Stalingrad.

I didn't want to play in B because I want the new guys who joined the fleet to at least have a chance to get the 15 wins they need to get the signal flags.

I'm also busy with IBM certification exams since the start of the year that need to be all completed before Jan 31st. Anytime we aren't playing to improve our current higher rating is better spent by me towards passing those certifications since I actually get paid for that, unlike playing the game.

PM for old NF channels

Current PC Build - Jan 19

PostPosted: January 7th, 2019, 6:51 pm 
Fleet Member
Fleet Member

Medals: 17
AA Master (1) Marksman (1)
National Mastery (1) Use and Abuse (1)
Team Player (1) Silent Service (1)
HA Participation (1) FW Participation (1)
US SBB (1) US SCV (1)

Ship Lines: Nebby, US Midway, Kaiser, QV, Charlemagne, Amagi, Project Fat Ass, UP 41, Km ss4, US ss4, UK SS5, MN SS5, KM apa, IJN apa, US apa, UK CV BO at 64, UK FP 100
Snowflake

PostPosted: January 7th, 2019, 11:39 pm 
Fleet Member
Fleet Member

Medals: 9
Lays Baked (1) CV Master (1)
Use and Abuse (1) Silent Service (1)
US SBB (1) UK SBB (1)
KM SCV (1)

Ship Lines: US BB 120, US CV 80, KM CV 120, US SS 65, KM SS 81, IJN BB 80 + all apa's
rant over a virtual bully? really?

...what happened to cherry bombs in the toilet and fights after school...

PostPosted: January 8th, 2019, 12:26 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fail (1) AA Master (1)
Marksman (1) Recon on Site (1)
US SBB (1) IJN SBB (1)
KM SBB (1) SN SBB (1)
RM. SBB (1)
It wasn't me this time :?

PostPosted: January 8th, 2019, 9:57 am 
Staff Officer
Staff Officer

US SBB (1) US SCV (1)
Danilov wrote:

Really, Dani couldn't be more right. Hell, by the time you joined, myg0t, we had already softened up a lot. It's fun reminiscing back to the days when Vent was more like a party-place, with all of the drinking and the banter. Basically everyone was bullied, and everyone bullied someone else. We've grown up. A lot of us have lives with responsibilities that don't leave as much time for gaming, the way we did a decade ago. And yea, Warships is not NavyField.

It is funny though, that you ask "what happened to the testicular fortitude" that we used to have, while also being upset about "bullying." I can understand why you might be upset. It can be frustrating to set a goal, and not achieve it. I'm glad to hear that you've actually been putting fourth effort to improve your skill. Sometimes taking a break, reflecting on what you've begun to improve upon, and the things that still need to be improved, can make all of the difference in the world.

As far as people not wanting to play with you, or wanting you to be in the CW's; you have to show that you're able to follow directions and not rush out and be exposed. It can be extremely frustrating, for the fielded team, to have one player act as a solo player by not moving in conjunction with everybody else. Perhaps you've improved upon that, I really can't say. But I do know you have a history of only listening when it has become too late. WoWS isn't NF, where aggressive play can pay off (when done properly) so easily. Even then, those "6" or "10 players" had come to rely on the abilities of each other. We knew, almost for-fact, that we were the best in that game, and we leaned on each other. We aren't the most elite of WoWS, even though we have (or have had) some really great players. Carrying a team to victory is not as simple, in WoWS, though one player can definitely influence the outcome of a battle. The difficulty is, however, that 1 player can also influence it in an extremely negative way, as well (perhaps more-so, than in NF).

If you haven't made up your mind, then take a break until your period is over. Get a new/used GPU, and try to relax during the grind to greatness. It doesn't come overnight, so don't expect it to. If you can't tolerate being reminded of what you do wrong, or being told how wrong your play might have been, then play/practice without TS. Be your own critic. If you don't understand soemthing, then ask. If you don't want to ask us bullies, then ask google, ask the forums, ask the internet, man. There's a plethora of how-to's for this game, for each ship even. I created a thread of some of the guides that helped me improve the most (the aiming spreadsheet, & related YT video, helped me improve the most).

You like donald chump. You really bring that shit on yourself, lol.

Put your big boy pants on. Remember, gaming is a break from reality. If your online life is effecting your real life, then take a break and get your shit together.

Cya when ya get back, man. Now i'm going back into lurk-mode.

PostPosted: January 8th, 2019, 3:34 pm 
Fleet Member
Fleet Member

Lays Baked (1) CV Master (1)
US SBB (1) UK SBB (1)
KM SCV (1)

Ship Lines: US BB 120, US CV 80, KM CV 120, US SS 65, KM SS 81, IJN BB 80 + all apa's
Wodyo wrote:
Danilov wrote:

(...)we had already softened up a lot. (...)

Tell me about it... I got blocked from recruitment forum because I trolled as usual.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2019, 3:07 pm 
Fleet Member
Fleet Member

Medals: 17
AA Master (1) Marksman (1)
National Mastery (1) Use and Abuse (1)
Team Player (1) Silent Service (1)
US SBB (1) US SCV (1)

Ship Lines: Nebby, US Midway, Kaiser, QV, Charlemagne, Amagi, Project Fat Ass, UP 41, Km ss4, US ss4, UK SS5, MN SS5, KM apa, IJN apa, US apa, UK CV BO at 64, UK FP 100
Wodyo wrote:

It is funny though, that you ask "what happened to the testicular fortitude" that we used to have, while also being upset about "bullying."

QFTMFT

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next